Body Shop | Frequently Asked Questions
What Do You Do After a Collision?
Acura of Oakville hopes that you never get into an accident but if the unthinkable ever does occur, make sure you that your vehicle is fixed with Genuine Acura Collision Parts. Depending on your insurance company, they may try to get your Acura fixed with cheaper parts that can decrease the safety and performance of your vehicle. Only Genuine Acura Collision Parts are engineered to quality and standard that enables your Acura to perform to its maximum potential. The cheaper parts that your insurance company may try to push on you won't even be covered by our warranties. If you are ever unfortunate enough to get into an accident, make sure you insist that your repairs are done with only Genuine Acura Collision Parts
When you get into an accident you'll need to replace the damaged parts on your Acura. Your insurance company may try to replace the damaged sections with lower quality parts, always be sure to request Genuine Acura Collision parts. You have the right to know what parts are being used to fix your Acura; "like-kind-and-quality" parts just won't give you the safety and reliability you can expect from us. The more information you have, the better off you'll be.
Did you know that Genuine Acura Collision Parts are covered by your Replacement Parts Limited Warranty? Imitation parts could end up costing you more.You could save yourself thousands of dollars by insisting to your insurance company that you want Genuine Acura Collision Parts. If you do receive imitation parts, it could void your warranty of associated parts and systems. Save yourself time and money.
After an accident, your insurance company may try to fix your Acura with imitation parts. Don't let yourself be fooled, these parts may be cheaper but there is a good reason. Imitation replacement parts are not built for your Acura so they may not fit your vehicle correctly. Genuine Acura Collision Parts are perfectly designed for your Acura and will enable you to get maximum safety and performance for your vehicle.
Insurance companies will generally always pick the cheapest options at their disposal. They figure imitation parts for your Acura are "good enough" and pick them to save themselves money. These replacement parts could affect many different aspects of your vehicle, from visual appeal to reliability, you will be able to tell the difference. Avoid future problems from imitation parts by always requesting from your insurance company that you receive Genuine Acura Collision Parts.
At Acura of Oakville, we hope you have a safe and fun experience when driving your Acura, but we understand that accidents do happen. You can't always control what happens around you, so if unfortunately, you damage your Acura, here are the steps that you should take to make sure you prevent any further damage.
- Make sure everyone's unharmed and exchange your information. This is very important to insure you remain covered by your insurance company. If anyone is hurt, make sure you call emergency services immediately.
- Look at what damage has been done to both vehicles. To make sure you protect yourself, you want to get a general idea of what has happened to both vehicles.
- Make sure you take down all the information you can. Take lots of pictures, get witnesses names and contact information and record any extra information you can. The more you know, the better position you will be in.
- Get in touch with Acura Roadside Assistance. Simply call 1 (800) 465-7587 and speak to one of our qualified professionals. By listening to your questions and concerns, Acura's Roadside Assistance will walk you through everything you should be aware of and contact the services necessary to get your and your Acura where you need to be.
- Lastly, get in touch with insurance company. When you discuss your accident with your insurance company, be sure to request Genuine Acura Collision Parts to ensure that your vehicle is fixed correctly with quality, reliable parts.
Remember that no matter what your insurance company tells you, you have the right to choose how your vehicle is treated. Your insurance company may try to push imitation replacement parts for your Acura but you get final say of how and where your Acura is serviced. Acura of Oakville will be able to provide you with the Genuine Acura Collision Parts that will enable you to get the most out of your Acura. Keep in mind that these parts may still be covered under your vehicle's Replacement Warranties, helping you save money.
Getting parts that fit your Acura is essential to make sure that your vehicle remains in top-notch condition. Imitation parts are made from lesser quality materials and engineering that will affect both the visual design and performance of your Acura. Genuine Acura Collision Parts are designed specifically for your Acura and may be covered under your Replacement Warranty.